Searching for a Pastor Salary Calculator?
Do you have a strong calling to help people and a deep religious belief? You may want to think about serving your church as a pastor. Being a pastor means that you would serve as an ordained leader of a congregation. You may want to know more about the specifics, including the salary and other benefits. Listed below is a pastor salary calculator to help you getting started.
Liberty University – Accredited Christian University
Liberty University offers accelerated 8-week online classes.
Liberty University is an accredited, private Christian University offering online Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate degrees in a wide-range of fields including:
- Christian Counseling (Associate, Bachelor, Masters, Doctorate)
- Life Coaching (Bachelor)
- Religion (Associate, Bachelor, Masters)
- Education (Associate, Bachelor, Masters)
- Doctor of Ministry (Doctorate)
- Master of Divinity (4 concentrations available)
- Worship Studies (Master)
- Business (Associate, Bachelor, MBA)
- Accounting (Associate, MBA)
- Psychology (Associate, Bachelor, Master)
- Criminal Justice (Bachelor)
- General Studies / Interdisciplinary Studies (Associate, Bachelor)
Pastor Salary Calculator
Unfortunately, there is just not one clearly defined salary for a pastor. There are a few variables to consider. The main variables to consider are denomination, size of congregation, and level of education.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following is a list of average salaries per denomination.
- Church of Christ – $31,218 to $55,500
- Christian Church – $35,000 to $50,000
- Southern Baptists – $49,132 to $56,541
- Baptists – $20,000 to $52,500
But, what about the other variables?
When looking at the size of the denomination, size does not always equate to a larger salary. The level of education does, however, equate to a higher salary in most denominations. Many denominations will not let you become a pastor without a certain level of professional education.
When looking at a pastor’s salary, there are other compensation packages that are offered as well. Likely, in addition to the base salary above, pastor’s will also be given a retirement plan, health insurance, housing or a housing allowance, life insurance, and continuing education. All of these, coupled with the base salary, can equate to a fair salary for a pastor.