Searching for a Pastor Salary Calculator?
Do you have a strong calling to help people and a deep religious belief? You may want to think about serving your church as a pastor. Being a pastor means that you would serve as an ordained leader of a congregation. You may want to know more about the specifics, including the salary and other benefits. Listed below is a pastor salary calculator to help you getting started.
Liberty University – Accredited Christian University
Liberty University is an accredited, private Christian University offering online Associate, Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate degrees in a wide-range of fields including:
- Bachelor’s in Christian Leadership and Management
- Bachelor’s in Religion
- Bachelor’s in Religion Evangelism
- Bachelor’s in Religion – Biblical & Theological Studies
- Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Counseling
- Bachelor’s in Religion – Christian Ministries
- Master’s in Divinity – Chaplaincy 72hrs
- Master’s in Divinity – Chaplaincy 93hrs
- Master’s in Divinity – Missional Studies
- Master’s in Divinity – Pastoral Ministries
- Master’s in Divinity – Professional Ministries
- Master’s in Divinity – Theological Studies
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Crisis Response & Trauma
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Discipleship & Church Ministry
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Leadership
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Life Coaching
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Marriage & Family
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Military Resilience
- Master’s in Pastoral Counseling – Pastoral Counseling
- Master’s in Professional Counseling (48hr)
- Master’s in Professional Counseling (60hr)
- Master’s in Worship Studies – Church Planting
- Master’s in Worship Studies – Ethnomusicology
- Master’s in Worship Studies-Leadership
- Master’s in Religion – Chaplaincy
- Master’s in Religion – Pastoral Counseling
- Master’s in Religion – Pastoral Ministry
- Master’s in Religion – Worship Studies
- Master’s in Religious Education
- Master’s in Theology (No Thesis)
- Master’s in Christian Ministry
- Master’s in Theological Studies
- Doctor of Worship Studies
- Doctor of Ministry – Discipleship
- Doctor of Ministry – Evangelism & Church Planting
- Doctor of Ministry – Homiletics
- Doctor of Ministry – Leadership
- Doctor of Ministry – Pastoral Counseling
- Doctor of Ministry – Worship
- Certificate in Biblical Studies
- Certificate in Christian Ministry
- Certificate in Theological Studies
- Certificate in Worship Studies
Read more or get a program guide from Liberty University.
Pastor Salary Calculator
Unfortunately, there is just not one clearly defined salary for a pastor. There are a few variables to consider. The main variables to consider are denomination, size of congregation, and level of education.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the following is a list of average salaries per denomination.
- Church of Christ – $31,218 to $55,500
- Christian Church – $35,000 to $50,000
- Southern Baptists – $49,132 to $56,541
- Baptists – $20,000 to $52,500
But, what about the other variables?
When looking at the size of the denomination, size does not always equate to a larger salary. The level of education does, however, equate to a higher salary in most denominations. Many denominations will not let you become a pastor without a certain level of professional education.
When looking at a pastor’s salary, there are other compensation packages that are offered as well. Likely, in addition to the base salary above, pastor’s will also be given a retirement plan, health insurance, housing or a housing allowance, life insurance, and continuing education. All of these, coupled with the base salary, can equate to a fair salary for a pastor.